Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sombrero Chick – My Week in Pictures


Sunday - Lunch at Annelien's mom and dad

When a chick with a sombrero guards the chocolate mousse on the desert table, you know you are in for something good.


Tuesday - Team meetings

My colleagues and I had dinner at Kater Holzig on the third floor of this building, um, ruin in Berlin. It doesn’t look very corporate but ruins and murals – also called “graffiti” when I was younger – are the new chic these days. Look at what Mark Zuckerberg did with his office. I quite like the new style as long as the bricks don’t fall on my head while I am having my hipster dinner.


Instagram’s first offices were clearly in Berlin.



Thursday

Berlin was the gay capital of Europe in the 1920s. Everything changed obviously during the years of the Weimar Republic. Homosexuality was persecuted in Nazi Germany. This is a memorial to the gays persecuted during the second World War.



Saturday - Dejeuner sur l'herbe

Annelien and I had lunch outside on the shoulder of the river Aare in Bern. We still have to get used to the Berners’ small and discrete tattoos after having spent our Saturday afternoons in San Francisco’s Dolores Park for the last three years. We also saw a lot of six-packs. The ones you get when you don’t drink beer and exercise a lot.





So we decided to go on a run to become as fit as the Berners.

But maybe we should stop going to the Conditorei for pastries and chocolate on Sunday mornings.





No comments:

Post a Comment